The contest is closed. It's midnight here and I will not be waking the boys to begin the judging...I do have a grain of sanity remaining. We'll do that later in the morning. Winners will be announced Monday evening, November 12. Thanks to all who participated.
Hippie: A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society [photography].
For our purpose in the definition of hippie we are replacing the word 'society' with the word 'photography'. This is a photography contest and I want you to break the conventional rules. We are seeking spontaneity, expanded consciousness...shoot from the hip. As in do not look through your viewfinder, do not frame the shot on your LCD screen...instead give new meaning to point and shoot. Ya dig?
Then anytime between November 6 through November 11, 12 midnight EST (deadline was extended) post your favorite hip photo on your blog...you may enter up to two photos. If you don't have a blog, post the photo to flickr or any online photo hosting service of your choice. Link back to this post using the words Slurping Life is having a hippie photo contest as your link text. Sign Mr. Linky below with the direct URL to your contest entry post/photo. Do not simply link to your homepage. For the sake of fairness I reserve the right to delete links to photos/posts not adhering to the guidelines.
The winning photo will be chosen by the combined votes of myself and my three younger sons...yep, we are the judges. In the event of a tie, my husband will cast the winning vote. In the event of fist fights and blood shed, I reserve the right to alter the selection process. Additional prize winners will be chosen through random draw.
- The photographer of the winning photo as chosen by judges votes will receive two HP Photo Books: (1) 8.5x11 size and one (1) 5x7 size.
- The decision of the judges is final. I'm a realist, judging a contest with my boys could turn out to be a process I do not care to repeat.
- Three (3) additional winners will be chosen by random draw. The first drawn will receive one (1) 8.5x11 HP Photo Book; the second drawn will receive one (1) 5x7 HP Photo Book; the third drawn will receive one (1) 5x7 HP Photo Book.
- The random draw winners will be chosen from the Mr. Linky list using random.org.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, November 12. If we are smothered under so many groovy entries that the selection process takes longer, a new announcement date will be posted.
- Due to shipping costs this contest is open to residents of the contiguous United States only.
- You may ask questions in the comments below or Email Me.
Charge up those camera batteries, get in a laid back, hippie frame of mind and shoot some groovy photos. Hey dude, remember who your judges are...oh, what have I done. We will be looking for some totally cool shots (as defined above).
Peace. Love. Flower power.
NOTE: It appears that at times Mr. Linky and Typepad and Internet Explorer do not play well together. I have corrected the issue (for now) and Mr. Linky appears in all browsers in which I view this post. PLEASE, if you read this post and Mr. Linky does not appear above, let me know in the comments and I will work on it...again.